The Shoreline Fruit Blog
Posted on Jun 16 , 2017 - 04:20 pm
- 2 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 6 tablespoons warm water
- 2 cups flour (1 cup all-purpose flour + 1 cup spelt or whole wheat)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cup whole rolled oats (not instant)
- 1 cup dried Montmorency tart cherries
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- cheap watches sale
Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In the bottom of your mixer’s bowl, add the flaxseed and water. Whisk it (by hand), until well emulsified. Leave it there to thicken while you mix your dry ingredients.
In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
To your mixer’s bowl, add the coconut oil, brown sugar, maple syrup, and vanilla. Mix on medium-high until well combined.
Gradually add the dry ingredients, mixing after each addition. Mix on high until the dough is smooth and sticky. Stir in the oats, Montmorency tart cherries and chocolate chips.
Scoop a scant ¼ cup of dough onto the baking sheet. Repeat to form about 16 large cookies (or use a heaping teaspoon and make about 32 smaller ones).
Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the cookies are golden fine fake watches brown around the edges and still soft in the middle. Let them cool on the baking sheet for at least 15 minutes before removing.
Recipe courtesy of Jeanine Donofrio, LoveandLemons.com
Posted on Jun 02 , 2017 - 03:55 pm
- 1 cup frozen Montmorency tart cherries thawed
- 2 tablespoons 100% Montmorency Tart Cherry Concentrate
- 8 teaspoons superfine white sugar
- 4 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 bunch of fresh mint leaves
- 3 cups wild cherry-flavored sparkling water
- Optional: fresh lime for garnish
- Pebble or crushed ice
Set out 4 glasses.
Divide the cherries evenly among the glasses.
Add in 1/2 tablespoon Montmorency tart cherry Concentrate, 2 teaspoons sugar, 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, and 1 tablespoon fresh mint leaves into each glass.
Mash everything together with the back of a wooden spoon.
Fill up the glasses with pebble or crushed ice and then fill to the top with the cherry-flavored sparking water. (Divide the sparkling water evenly among the four glasses).
If desired garnish with additional mint leaves and a sliced lime.
Recipe courtesy of Chelsea Lord, chelseasmessyapron.com
Posted on May 16 , 2017 - 10:51 am
Posted on May 10 , 2017 - 01:32 pm
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons cashew halves
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 to 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 to 3 tablespoons dried Montmorency tart cherries
- 2 to 3 dried apricots
- 2 tablespoons pepitas
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 sprinkle of bee pollan, optional
In a small, dry skillet over medium heat, toast the almonds and cashews until browned and fragrant, stirring often, about 3 to 5 minutes.
Mix the Greek yogurt with the maple syrup and vanilla extract.
Roughly chop the cherries and apricots.
Place the yogurt in a bowl, then sprinkle with all toppings (get creative!).
Recipe courtesy of Sonja Overhiser, acouplecooks.com
Posted on May 04 , 2017 - 04:33 pm
Posted on Apr 26 , 2017 - 10:10 am
- 6 cups vanilla chex cereal
- 1 cup plain cheerios
- 1 1/2 cup pretzels
- 1/2 cup sliced, raw almonds
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2/3 cup dried, Montmorency tart cherries
- 2 oz. white chocolate, melted
Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
In large bowl, stir chex, cheerios, pretzels and almonds together to incorporate.
In a separate smaller bowl, melt butter, then stir in corn syrup, cinnamon, vanilla and almond extract. Drizzle butter mixture over the mixture of cereals and toss to coat evenly. Spread over prepared baking sheet in one even layer and bake 20 minutes, stirring once half way though. Remove from oven and break apart any pieces that may have stuck together. Cool completely.
Sprinkle Montmorency tart cherries over mix and drizzle with white chocolate let chocolate set until hardened, then break apart and store in air tight container for up to 2 weeks.
Recipe courtesy of Lauren Brennan, LaurensLatest.com
Posted on Apr 20 , 2017 - 03:35 pm
Viewing 1 - 7 of 95