Tart Cherry Funnel Cake Sundaes
Get a taste of summer festivities with this decadent tart cherry funnel cake sundae topped with mouth watering tart cherry filling and creamy iced cream!
|Prep time||Cook time||Total time|
|10 mins||30 mins||40 mins|
Makes 12-15 servings
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 can Montmorency tart cherry pie filling
- 1 can Montmorency tart cherries packed in water
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Powdered sugar for dusting
- Vanilla ice cream for serving
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, water, light brown sugar, and almond extract. In a medium size bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and whisk well to combine. Transfer batter to a gallon zip lock bag and set aside.
- Drain water packed cherries and transfer to a medium bowl. Add cherry pie filling and mix well to combine. Set aside.
- Pour enough oil into a small cast iron skillet to reach halfway up the sides. Place skillet over medium/high heat until oil reaches 375 degrees F. Lower heat on oil slightly to maintain temperature and not overheat.
- Snip a small corner off the ziplock bag and pipe a squiggly circle of batter into the hot oil about 4-5 inches in diameter. Cook for about 1 minute or until underside of funnel cake is golden brown. Flip and cook for an additional minute or until funnel cake is cooked through. Remove and drain on paper towels. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Top warm funnel cakes with a sprinkling of powdered sugar, a few spoonfuls of tart cherry topping, and a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Serve and enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of Recipe courtesy of Emily Caruso, jellytoastblog.com.
We offer a variety of premium dried fruit, cherry concentrate, cherry juice, dietary supplements, and chocolate covered dried fruit. Our delicious products are great for enhancing your favorite recipes, or as a quick, healthy snack.