Snack Board with Tart Cherry Baked Brie
Serve a charcuterie board sure to wow your guests with baked brie smothered in a medley of tart cherries and nuts, surrounded by an assortment of meats and cheeses!
|Prep time||Cook time||Total time|
|20 mins||13 mins||33 mins|
Makes 8 servings
- 1 Wheel of Brie
- 1 cup walnuts (90g)
- 1 cup frozen Montmorency tart cherries (150g)
- ⅓ cup dried Montmorency tart cherries (50g)
- 2 tbsp Grand Marnier liqueur (30g)
- 1 tsp molasses (4g)
- ¼ Cup honey (85g)
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp fresh thyme
- ½ tsp cracked pepper
- SNACK BOARD INGREDIENTS
- Variety of Crackers
- Variety of Cheeses
- Variety of Olives
- Variety of Nuts
- Fresh Herbs for decoration
- Preheat your oven to 350º F. While preheating, unwrap the wheel of brie and place it on a parchment-lined baking sheet and add the walnuts onto a separate parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Once the oven has been preheated, place both the brie and nuts inside the oven. Toast the walnuts for 6 minutes and bake the brie for a total of 13 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine frozen & dried cherries, Grand Marnier liqueur, molasses, honey, and sea salt in a small saucepan over medium heat. Once the mixture has come to a boil, reduce the heat allowing everything to simmer for 5-7 minutes before pouring into a small bowl and setting aside.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the cherries from the saucepan and place into a small bowl. Continue simmering and reducing the remaining liquids until thickened, an additional 5-7 minutes.
- Add the cooked cherries and toasted walnuts to a bowl and stir to combine.
- Transfer the baked brie to a serving platter and top with cherry mixture. Sprinkle fresh thyme and cracked pepper over the top and serve with an assortment of crackers.
- Once the baked brie has been added to your serving platter, fan the crackers and additional cheeses around the brie and throughout the platter. Add a few small bowls of olives and nuts onto and around the board as well before finishing with some fresh herbs for decoration.
Recipe courtesy of Recipe courtesy of Emily Laurae, emilylaurae.com.
We offer a variety of premium dried fruit, cherry concentrate, cherry juice, dietary supplements, and chocolate covered dried fruit. Our delicious products are great for enhancing your favorite recipes, or as a quick, healthy snack.