Zucchini Noodles with Creamy Avocado Sauce
Low carb and packed with nutrient dense ingredients. Zucchini noodles, an avocado sauce, and a wonderful topping mixture - almonds, cherries, and parmesan cheese. Yum!
- 2 zucchinis
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 1 cup packed spinach
- 1/4 cup packed basil leaves
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup dried tart cherries
- 2 tablespoons shaved parmigiano reggiano
- Using a spiralizer, trim the ends of the zucchini and spiralize to make zucchini noodles.
- In bowl of a food processor with puree blade attachment, add garlic, spinach and basil and pulse until minced.
- Add avocado, lemon juice, and water and process until smooth and creamy. Depending on size of avocado, add additional water to thin sauce to desired consistency.
- Toss creamy avocado sauce with raw zucchini noodles and top with almonds, tart cherries, and shaved parmigiano reggiano.
Recipe courtesy of Kristina LaRue, http://www.loveandzest.com.
We offer a variety of premium dried fruit, cherry concentrate, cherry juice, dietary supplements, chocolate covered dried fruit, and cherry salsa. Our delicious products are great for enhancing your favorite recipes, or as a quick, healthy snack.