Watercress Farro Salad with Tart Cherries
This Watercress Farro Salad with Tart Cherries is a light but filling meal! Packed with healthy ingredients like farro, almonds, watercress and dried tart cherries, this salad is bursting with flavor.
|Prep time||Cook time||Total time|
|15 mins||40 mins||55 mins|
- 1 cup uncooked farro
- 2 cups watercress
- 3/4 cup chopped carrots
- 1/3 cup ricotta salada or feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/3 cup dried Montmorency tart cherries
- 1 cup basil leaves, torn
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- big squeeze of lemon (about 1T)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon maple syrup
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a pot of salted boiling water, cook farro for about 35 minutes or until tender. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Make the dressing: In a small bowl whisk together olive oil, white wine vinegar, lemon, garlic, maple syrup, salt, and pepper.
- Assemble the salad: Toss cooked farro with watercress, carrots, cheese, dried Montmorency tart cherries, basil, mint, and sliced almonds. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and toss again. Taste and adjust seasonings. Let salad sit at room temp for 15 minutes, then serve. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge.
Recipe courtesy of Recipe courtesy of Jeanine Donofrio, LoveandLemons.com.
We offer a variety of premium dried fruit, cherry concentrate, cherry juice, dietary supplements, and chocolate covered dried fruit. Our delicious products are great for enhancing your favorite recipes, or as a quick, healthy snack.