Tart Cherry & Walnut Goat Cheese Truffles
Tart Cherry & Walnut Goat Cheese Truffles and the perfect holiday appetizer! These bite-sized herbed goat cheese balls lightly sweetened with honey and filled with chopped nuts and dried tart cherries. Made with just 5 ingredients in 30 minutes or less.
You can serve them on their own, spread them on crackers or bread slices with a little drizzle of honey, or toss a handful of them into a salad with balsamic vinaigrette!
|Prep time||Total time|
|30 mins||30 mins|
Makes 18-20 truffles
- 10 ounces goat cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves (or fresh herbs of choice), divided
- Heaping ½ cup walnuts (or nut of choice), finely chopped
- Heaping ½ cup dried Montmorency tart cherries, finely chopped
- Kosher salt & ground black pepper, to season
- Prep: Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Mix the goat cheese: To a medium mixing bowl, add the goat cheese, honey, 2 tablespoons of the fresh thyme leaves, ½ teaspoon kosher salt & ground black pepper to taste. Using a hand mixer (or a wooden spoon & some good ol’ elbow grease), mix until smooth & evenly combined.
- Make the goat cheese balls: Scoop the goat cheese mixture into tablespoon-sized portions. Set on the prepared baking sheet. The goat cheese will be very soft at this point, which is totally fine! You should yield 16-20 goat cheese balls.
- Chill: Set the goat cheese balls in the freezer to chill for 15-20 minutes, until firm enough to easily handle.
- Form & coat the goat cheese truffles: Place the chopped walnuts, tart cherries, & the remaining 2 tablespoons fresh thyme on a small plate & mix to combine. Once the goat cheese has set up & is easy to handle, use your hands to roll each portion into a small ball. Roll the goat cheese balls through the tart cherry mixture, pressing gently to coat the goat cheese truffles.
- Serve immediately as an elegant little party appetizer or to jazz up your favorite simple green salad. Enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of Recipe courtesy of Jess Larson, Plays Well with Butter.
We offer a variety of premium dried fruit, cherry concentrate, cherry juice, dietary supplements, and chocolate covered dried fruit. Our delicious products are great for enhancing your favorite recipes, or as a quick, healthy snack.