Tart Cherry Vanilla Swirl Smoothie
A smoothie filled with healthy ingredients that tastes like a milkshake? Sign us up!
|Prep time||Total time|
|5 mins||5 mins|
Makes one 16 oz serving
- 2 frozen bananas (about 8 oz. total, see note)
- 1/4 cup (30 g) raw unsalted walnuts
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon refined coconut oil (see note)
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup milk of your choice (see note)
- 3 to 4 tablespoons Montmorency Tart Cherry juice
- Whipped cream, for garnish (optional)
- Dried Montmorency Tart Cherries, for garnish
- In a blender, combine the frozen bananas, walnuts, maple syrup, vanilla, refined coconut oil, salt, and milk. Blend until smooth.
- To serve, pour the smoothie into a tall glass a few tablespoons at a time, alternating with a few splashes of Montmorency Tart Cherry juice until the glass is full, creating layers of smoothie and juice. Use a straw or a long spoon to swirl the mixture together, then top with whipped cream and dried tart cherries if desired. Serve and enjoy!
- To freeze bananas, first peel the fruit, then cut into 1-inch pieces. Line a baking sheet with parchment, wax paper, or aluminum foil. Lay the pieces in a single layer without touching on the baking sheet, and freeze until solid, 1 to 2 hours. Transfer the frozen pieces to a Ziplock bag for storage in the freezer for up to 2 weeks. Any type of milk will work in this recipe: dairy milk, or plant-based milks such as almond, cashew, soy, oat, or hemp. When adding the milk, start with 1/2 cup and blend. If it seems too thick, add more until the consistency becomes like soft serve ice cream. If desired, the smoothie can be topped with whipped cream. You may simply use canned whipped cream or make it yourself. To make whipped cream, first place a mixing bowl and beaters in the freezer for 10-15 minutes to chill. Remove from the freezer and pour about 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream (or solidified coconut cream from a can of coconut milk, for a non-dairy option) into the bowl and whip on high speed until frothy. Add a spoonful of powdered sugar if desired and continue to beat until soft peaks form when you lift the beaters.
Recipe courtesy of https://www.husbandsthatcook.com/2020/02/tart-cherry-vanilla-swirl-smoothie/.
We offer a variety of premium dried fruit, cherry concentrate, cherry juice, dietary supplements, and chocolate covered dried fruit. Our delicious products are great for enhancing your favorite recipes, or as a quick, healthy snack.