Tart Cherry Recovery Gummies
What do tart cherries have to do with muscle recovery? Inflammation, muscle damage and oxidative stress are the causes of pain and soreness after exercise. Tart cherries contain anti-inflammatory properties and have been known to help with all three causes of muscle pain. These tart cherry recovery gummies are the perfect post-workout treat!
|Prep time||Cook time||Total time|
|5 mins||10 mins||15 mins|
- 1 1/4 cups Montmorency tart cherry juice
- 1/4 cup unflavored gelatin
- 1/3 cup honey
- In a small bowl, stir together the juice and the gelatin until the gelatin is fully dissolved.
- Pour the mixture into a small saucepan on low-medium heat and add the honey. Continue stirring until well mixed but making sure not to boil.
- Remove from heat, allowing it to slightly cool before pouring into a rectangular hard candy sheet mold (use a sheet mold tray with 64 molds of 3/4″ x 1″).
- Allow it to cool for about 10 minutes or until it begins to gel before transferring into the refrigerator. Place in the refrigerator at least 30 minutes to allow it to set.
Recipe courtesy of Recipe courtesy of Mitzi Dulan, RD, NutritionExpert.com.
We offer a variety of premium dried fruit, cherry concentrate, cherry juice, dietary supplements, and chocolate covered dried fruit. Our delicious products are great for enhancing your favorite recipes, or as a quick, healthy snack.