Tart Cherry Post-Workout Protein Bowl
Protein bowls are a great post-workout snack! You've broken down your muscles and they need fuel to repair. This blend of Greek yogurt, healthy fats, and tart cherries makes for a bowl of protein greatness!
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoons cashew halves
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/2 to 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 to 3 tablespoons dried Montmorency tart cherries
- 2 to 3 dried apricots
- 2 tablespoons pepitas
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 sprinkle of bee pollan, optional
- In a small, dry skillet over medium heat, toast the almonds and cashews until browned and fragrant, stirring often, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Mix the Greek yogurt with the maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- Roughly chop the cherries and apricots.
- Place the yogurt in a bowl, then sprinkle with all toppings (get creative!).
Recipe courtesy of Sonja Overhiser, http://www.acouplecooks.com.
We offer a variety of premium dried fruit, cherry concentrate, cherry juice, dietary supplements, and chocolate covered dried fruit. Our delicious products are great for enhancing your favorite recipes, or as a quick, healthy snack.