TART CHERRY ORANGE PISTACHIO BREAD (GLUTEN-FREE!)
This gluten free bread is most definitely not free of fun textures and flavors! This loaf is packed with tart cherries and bursting with flavors, perfect to enjoy at breakfast or as a daytime snack.
|Prep time||Cook time||Total time|
|10 mins||55 mins||
Makes 10 slices
- 2 medium overripe (brown and spotted) bananas
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup avocado or melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups super fine almond flour, packed
- 1 cup certified GF oat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 tablespoon orange zest (from 2 medium oranges)
- 1/3 cup pistachios, chopped
- 3/4 cup Montmorency dried tart cherries
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a loaf pan.
- Place bananas, orange juice, eggs, maple syrup, oil, and vanilla in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Whisk together almond flour, oat flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and orange zest in a large mixing bowl. Add wet ingredients and mix until smooth. Fold in tart cherries and pistachios (I love this silicone spatula).
- Pour mixture into loaf pan and bake for 55 minutes, or until a knife comes out almost clean. Cool completely before slicing. Store cooled bread in an air-tight container on the counter for up to 5 days (or store in the refrigerator).
Recipe courtesy of Recipe courtesy of https://www.hummusapien.com/.
We offer a variety of premium dried fruit, cherry concentrate, cherry juice, dietary supplements, chocolate covered dried fruit, and cherry salsa. Our delicious products are great for enhancing your favorite recipes, or as a quick, healthy snack.