Tart Cherry Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Sage
- 4 slices whole grain bread
- 1/2 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup dried Montmorency tart cherries
- 6-8 sage leaves
- 2 tablespoons chives
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Assemble sandwiches with cheese, Montmorency tart cherries, sage and a sprinkle of chives.
- Drizzle outside of the bread with a little olive oil and transfer to a hot skillet or grill pan. Press sandwiches down (using a big spatula, or something heavier).
- Cook each side until the bread is golden brown and the cheese is melted (4-5 minutes per side).
Recipe courtesy of Jeanine Donofrio, http://www.loveandlemons.com.
We offer a variety of premium dried fruit, cherry concentrate, cherry juice, dietary supplements, and chocolate covered dried fruit. Our delicious products are great for enhancing your favorite recipes, or as a quick, healthy snack.