Tart Cherry Glazed Spicy Meatballs
These Tart Cherry Glazed Spicy Meatballs are an exciting medley of tart, spicy and savory! The perfect appetizer for any occasion.
|Prep time||Cook time||Total time|
|15 mins||30 mins||45 mins|
Makes 24 meatballs
- 1 1/2 pounds ground pork
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup seasoned panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (or less for milder flavor)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- TART CHERRY GLAZE
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 red onion, chopped
- 3 cups frozen Montmorency Tart Cherries, thawed
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoons corn starch mixed with 1 Tablespoon water
- In a large bowl, gently mix together pork, egg, breadcrumbs, fennel seeds, kosher salt, crushed red pepper, and garlic powder until combined.
- Scoop 1 Tablespoon of the mixture and roll into a ball and set on a sheet pan. Repeat with remaining pork.
- Heat 1 Tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet. Sear half of the meatballs, turning every few minutes until browned on all sides. Remove meatballs from pan and repeat searing step with remaining meatballs.
- While meatballs are browning, make the cherry glaze. Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a medium sauce pan over medium high heat. Add garlic and onions and stir cooking until fragrant. Add Montmorency cherries, vinegar, brown sugar, and salt and pepper. Bring mixture to a simmer and allow to simmer for about 3 minutes.
- Blend sauce with an immersion blender until cherries are well broken up, but not completely smooth. Bring mixture back to simmer. Drizzle in corn starch mixture and stir until sauce is thickened, about 5 minutes. Set aside.
- After meatballs are browned, drain excess fat and return all meatballs to skillet. Pour glaze over meatballs, cover, and simmer on low until meatballs are cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Serve meatballs warm with glaze. Enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of Recipe courtesy of Emily Caruso, jellytoastblog.com.
We offer a variety of premium dried fruit, cherry concentrate, cherry juice, dietary supplements, and chocolate covered dried fruit. Our delicious products are great for enhancing your favorite recipes, or as a quick, healthy snack.