Tart Cherry Daiquiri Mocktail
The perfect healthy cocktail for all to enjoy! This Tart Cherry Daiquiri Mocktail is not only tasty, but filled with health benefits and a great nighttime drink. Studies show that tart cherries may help with a better night's sleep and with insomnia.
|Prep time||Cook time||Total time|
|10 mins||5 mins||15 mins|
Makes 1 serving
- 10 dried Montmorency tart cherries
- 1/4 cup 100% tart cherry juice OR sparkling water
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons simple syrup (See Note 1)
- Ice for serving
- SOAK TART CHERRIES: Add the 10 dried cherries to the bottom of the glass. Add the tart cherry juice on top and let stand for 5 minutes. Then press cherries thoroughly with a muddler (Don’t have a muddler? Use the handle of a sturdy wooden spoon or ladle.) This is important to really get a rich tart cherry flavor.
- FINISH DRINK: Once cherries have been muddled, add in lemon juice and simple syrup (add to taste; you may want less or more depending on how sweet you like your drinks). Top the glass with lots of ice. Enjoy immediately, garnished with additional dried tart cherries if desired.
- Notes: Simple syrup is just equal parts water and white granulated sugar. Combine equal parts of both (I do 1/2 cup of each) in a small pot over medium high heat. Stir until the sugar is completely dissolved and then cool completely. You don’t have to bring it to a simmer or boil; simply heat until the liquid is clear and all sugar is dissolved. Store leftovers in an airtight or sterile container in the fridge for up to a month.
Recipe courtesy of Recipe courtesy of Chelsea Lords, Chelsea’s Messy Apron.
We offer a variety of premium dried fruit, cherry concentrate, cherry juice, dietary supplements, and chocolate covered dried fruit. Our delicious products are great for enhancing your favorite recipes, or as a quick, healthy snack.