Tart Cherry Cupcakes
Tired of your plain vanilla cupcakes? Add tart cherry concentrate to the mix! This recipe is a wonderful twist for all types of occasions. With a vibrant red base and a soft cream frosting, they are the most beautiful sight.
- 1/2 cup Montmorency tart cherry juice concentrate, room temperature
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Beat together the softened butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in the eggs, one at a time, beating the mixture well after each addition.
- Add in vanilla and mix until well incorporated. Scrape down the bowl.
- In a bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, whisk together the sour cream and juice concentrate until well blended.
- Alternate adding the flour mix and the juice mixture, starting and ending with the flour mix. Blend until just combined. Scrape the bowl and blend for bit more.
- With a large scoop, divide the batter among a cupcake pan filled with cupcake liners. It fills between 18-20.
- Bake at 350F for 16-17 minutes. Do not over bake.
- Allow to cool before frosting.
- Top with vanilla frosting.
Recipe courtesy of Amy Christie, http://www.thisheartofmineblog.com.
We offer a variety of premium dried fruit, cherry concentrate, cherry juice, dietary supplements, and chocolate covered dried fruit. Our delicious products are great for enhancing your favorite recipes, or as a quick, healthy snack.