Tart Cherry Cookie Dough Bars
Makes 8 servings
- 1 cup plain cashews
- 1/3 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- pinch of kosher salt
- 1/4 medium ripe banana
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup Montmorency tart cherries
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Line 6×9 inch (or similar size) baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Combine cashews, oats, coconut flour and salt in a food processor and process until a course meal consistency
- And the banana, 3 tablespoons of maple syrup, coconut oil and vanilla. Process until fully combined and mixture comes together with a sticky consistency. Add remaining tablespoon of maple syrup id extra moisture is needed
- Turn the dough out into a medium bowl. Add the dried cherries and chocolate chips and fold in with a spatula or using hands to combine
- Press the mixture evenly into the baking dish making sure to spread into the corners
- Place the baking dish in the fridge for at least 1 hour to chill
- Remove the cookie dough from the dish by lifting the sides of the parchment paper
- Cut into 8 squares or other desired shape
- Keep refrigerated
Recipe courtesy of Gina Matsoukas, http://www.runningtothekitchen.com.
We offer a variety of premium dried fruit, cherry concentrate, cherry juice, dietary supplements, and chocolate covered dried fruit. Our delicious products are great for enhancing your favorite recipes, or as a quick, healthy snack.