Tart Cherry Chutney Toast
- 1 cup dried Montmorency tart cherries
- 1 large shallot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup Montmorency tart cherry juice
- 1/2 cup raw sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger, dried or 1 inch fresh ginger, grated
- Pinch black pepper
- Sliced sourdough bread, toasted
- Whipped cream cheese or sharp white cheddar cheese
- Slivered almonds
- In a small sauce pan set over medium heat, add dried Montmorency tart cherries, shallot, vinegar, Montmorency tart cherry juice, raw sugar, ginger and pepper. Stir and bring mixture to a low bowl.
- Reduce heat to low and allow mixture to simmer for 10-15 minutes or until cherries are plump and liquid is syrupy. Remove from heat and allow to cool for at least 10 minutes.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of whipped cream cheese OR place 1 slice of sharp white cheddar cheese on top of 1 piece of sour dough toast. Top cheese with 2 tablespoons cherry chutney and a pinch of slivered almonds. Serve and enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of Emily Caruso, http://www.jellytoastblog.com.
We offer a variety of premium dried fruit, cherry concentrate, cherry juice, dietary supplements, chocolate covered dried fruit, and cherry salsa. Our delicious products are great for enhancing your favorite recipes, or as a quick, healthy snack.