Tart Cherry Chocolate-Covered Vegan Cookie Dough Bites
Who didn’t love eating spoonfuls of cookie dough growing up? Now you can indulge in cookie dough that you can feel good about! These Tart Cherry Chocolate Covered Vegan Cookie Dough Bites are dairy-free and filled with fiber, fruit, a hint of sweet and dipped in decadent dark chocolate!
|Prep time||Cook time||Total time|
|20 mins||10 mins||30 mins|
Makes 18-20 bites
- Heaping 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats (or 1/2 cup oat flour)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup runny tahini
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup dried Montmorency tart cherries, chopped
- Optional mix-ins of choice (e.g. chopped walnuts, chopped almonds, chocolate chips, etc.)
- 6 ounces dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
Cookie dough ball prep:
- Line a quarter baking sheet or a large plate with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Make the oat flour: Add the old fashioned oats to a high-speed blender or food processor. Blend until the oats are broken down into a fine, flour-like consistency. Set aside.
- Measure the remaining ingredients. Set aside.
Mix the “cookie dough”:
- Add the oat flour, unsweetened coconut, tahini, pure maple syrup, pure vanilla extract, & kosher salt to a large mixing bowl. Use a wooden spoon or spatula to stir until combined & well incorporated into a smooth cookie dough. Add in the dried Montmorency tart cherries & any other mix-ins, as desired. Stir until the mix-ins are evenly dispersed throughout the cookie dough. (I like to use my stand mixer for this step, though it’s totally not necessary. A wooden spoon & some elbow grease will do the trick!)
Roll out the cookie dough bites:
- Portion the dough into tablespoon-sized balls. The dough may be soft at this point – that’s totally fine! Transfer the balls to the prepared baking sheet. Once all the cookie dough bites are rolled, pop the baking sheet in the freezer to set for 5-10 minutes.
Make the dark chocolate coating:
- Meanwhile, as the cookie dough bites set in the freezer, prep the dark chocolate coating. Add the roughly chopped dark chocolate & coconut oil to a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring well between intervals, until the chocolate is completely melted & the mixture is smooth.
Coat the cookie dough bites in chocolate:
- Remove the cookie dough bites from the freezer. (If your dough was a little soft when you rolled it out, now’s a great time to roll them into nicely-shaped balls, as desired.) Working one by one, add a cookie dough bite into the prepared dark chocolate coating. Coat the cookie dough bite, shaking off any excess chocolate, & transfer back to the baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining cookie dough balls. Once complete, pop the baking sheet in the freezer to let the chocolate set for another 5-10 minutes. Enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of Recipe courtesy of Jess Larson, Plays Well with Butter.
We offer a variety of premium dried fruit, cherry concentrate, cherry juice, dietary supplements, and chocolate covered dried fruit. Our delicious products are great for enhancing your favorite recipes, or as a quick, healthy snack.