Tart Cherry Chai Chia Jam
This tart cherry jam isn't your your average jam, it is made with chia seeds instead of gelatin! This blend of sweet and tart with the amazing texture of chia seeds is a heavenly spread to your toast! Many jams contain a ton of sugar, but this recipe uses maple syrup with is a natural sweetener you can feel good about. ENJOY!
|Prep time||Cook time||Total time|
|10 mins||10 mins||20 mins|
Yields 1 cup
- 10 ounces frozen Montmorency tart cherries (2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- In a small skillet, add the tart cherries, lemon juice, maple, spices, vanilla, and 1 tablespoon water.
- Simmer about 10 minutes over medium heat until cherries begin to break down, stirring occasionally and using the back of a spoon to break them apart.
- Once the cherries are broken down, add 2 tablespoons chia seeds and stir until combined. Turn off heat and wait for the jam to thicken, about 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a canning jar and refrigerate; the texture will set even further when chilled. Keeps refrigerated for 2 weeks.
Recipe courtesy of Recipe courtesy of Sonja Overhiser, ACoupleCooks.com.
We offer a variety of premium dried fruit, cherry concentrate, cherry juice, dietary supplements, chocolate covered dried fruit, and cherry salsa. Our delicious products are great for enhancing your favorite recipes, or as a quick, healthy snack.