Tart Cherry Bruschetta
Tart Cherry Bruschetta is the perfect at-home entertainment appetizer! Nothing sounds better than warm slices of crusty baguette topped with tart cherry spread and sprinkled with creamy goat cheese, toasted walnuts, olive oil, basil and sea salt!
|Prep time||Cook time||Total time|
|10 mins||10 mins||20 mins|
Makes 20 to 30 slices
- 1 cup (150 g) dried tart cherries
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup (200 g) walnuts
- 1 baguette
- Extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 4 ounces (113 g) goat cheese, crumbled
- 4 to 6 large basil leaves, sliced thinly
- Flaky sea salt, for garnish
- First, make the tart cherry purée. Place the dried Montmorency tart cherries in a food processor, and pulse a few times to break them up. Then, with the machine running, add the water in a slow stream. Continue to process until the cherries form a smooth paste, stopping to scrape down the sides as needed and adding more water if necessary. Transfer the paste to a small bowl and set aside.
- Next, toast the walnuts. Place the walnuts in a cool dry skillet, and set the skillet over medium-low heat. Cook until the walnuts are golden brown and fragrant, about 5 to 7 minutes, stirring often to prevent scorching. Transfer to a heatproof plate to prevent overcooking, and let cool for a few minutes in the fridge or at room temperature until cool enough to handle. Then chop the walnuts and set aside.
- Next, make the slices of toast. Cut the baguette into your desired number of slices, each one about 1/2-inch thick. Drizzle or brush each slice on both sides lightly with olive oil. Place a skillet over medium heat (you can re-use the same skillet, if desired). When hot, place baguette slices in the pan in a single layer—you may need to make several rounds if the pan is small. Cook until lightly golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes, then flip and cook until the second side is also toasty and golden. Remove from the pan and repeat with any remaining slices.
- To assemble, spread a layer of tart cherry purée over a warm baguette slice. Top with crumbled goat cheese, a sprinkle of toasted walnuts, sliced fresh basil leaves, a drizzle of olive oil, and a pinch of flaky sea salt. Repeat with the remaining slices, serve, and enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of Recipe courtesy of Ryan and Adam Alvarez, Husbands that Cook.
We offer a variety of premium dried fruit, cherry concentrate, cherry juice, dietary supplements, and chocolate covered dried fruit. Our delicious products are great for enhancing your favorite recipes, or as a quick, healthy snack.