Tart Cherry Breakfast Strata
Casseroles are a great option for serving a crowd. Wake your family up to the mouth-watering aroma of this tart cherry breakfast strata. A sourdough bread and egg base is baked with cheddar cheese and chicken sausage infused with dried tart cherries throughout.
- 4 cups diced sourdough bread
- 16 ounces fresh breakfast chicken sausage
- 1 tablespoon chopped sage
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups chopped rainbow chard
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup dried Montmorency tart cherries
- 12 large eggs
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup milk
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Butter for coating pan
- Preheat oven to 375 and coat 13×9 in casserole dish with butter. Arrange bread in bottom of dish.
- In large skillet over medium high heat, cook sausage. Stir in sage and continue cooking until sausage is browned.
- Add onions and mushrooms and cook until softened.
- Toss in rainbow chard and cook until wilted.
- Stir in parsley and season with freshly ground pepper. Remove from heat and pour over bread in casserole dish. Sprinkle tart cherries evenly on top.
- In large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and yogurt. Season with freshly ground pepper.
- Pour egg mixture over sausage and veggies in casserole dish.
- Top with cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 35-40 minutes until browned on top and cooked through.
Recipe courtesy of Kristina LaRue, Love & Zest.
We offer a variety of premium dried fruit, cherry concentrate, cherry juice, dietary supplements, and chocolate covered dried fruit. Our delicious products are great for enhancing your favorite recipes, or as a quick, healthy snack.