Tart Cherry Balsamic Grilled Summer Vegetable Orzo Salad
This vegetable salad serves as a great side dish or entree. A healthy combination of orzo, zucchini, peppers, onions, and dried tart cherries topped with a balsamic, tart cherry dressing - fun and tasty!
- 3/4 cup dry orzo (or other small pasta shape)
- 1 large zucchini, cut into circles
- 1 large red onion, sliced into rounds
- 2 bell peppers, cut into thick slices
- 4 whole green onions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Montmorency tart cherry concentrate
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped basil
- 1/3 cup dried Montmorency tart cherries
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Once boiling, add pasta and cook according to package directions for al dente. Drain pasta, transfer to a large bowl and set aside.
- Toss the prepared vegetables with the olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Whisk together the Montmorency tart cherry concentrate, balsamic vinegar and water in a small bowl.
- Place vegetables on a pre-heated grill and brush with the tart cherry balsamic mixture. Grill until softened and char marks appear. Turn vegetables over, brush again with the glaze mixture and grill until charred on the other side. Remove from grill and add vegetables to the bowl with the cooked orzo.
- Add the dried tart cherries and basil to the bowl. Pour the remaining glaze mixture on top and toss until well combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve warm or cold. Keeps well covered for a few days in the refrigerator.
Recipe courtesy of Gina Matsoukas, http://www.runningtothekitchen.com.
We offer a variety of premium dried fruit, cherry concentrate, cherry juice, dietary supplements, and chocolate covered dried fruit. Our delicious products are great for enhancing your favorite recipes, or as a quick, healthy snack.