Tart Cherry and Apple Oven Pancake
Impress your brunch crowd with this simple, tasty Tart Cherry and Apple Oven Pancake! Apples, tart cherries, cinnamon, butter... is your mouth watering yet? This is the perfect pancake when baking for multiple people. Just pop in the oven and get ready to enjoy your new favorite breakfast or brunch staple!
|Prep time||Cook time||Total time|
|15 mins||30 mins||45 mins|
- TART CHERRY APPLE TOPPING
- 2 medium apples, thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup canned in water Montmorency tart cherries
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons organic cane sugar
- PANCAKE BATTER
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup sweet rice flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. In a skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Add tart cherries and apple, stirring to coat. Bring to medium heat, and add sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and pinch of salt. Cook for 7-8 minutes until apples are soft and starting to caramelize. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together almond flour, sweet rice flour, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Whisk in eggs, then cream, then water and vanilla, and maple syrup, until batter is smooth. (Alternatively, use a blender to mix all of this together.) Set aside.
- Place pan in oven, with 2 tablespoons butter. Let butter melt, then remove and swirl butter around pan. Add 1/2 of the tart cherry apple mixture evenly to bottom of pan.
- Pour batter over apple mixture. Bake for 10 minutes at 300 degrees F. Then turn up to 350 degrees F and bake for 20 minutes longer, until pancake is cooked through and beginning to brown. Top with fresh whipped cream and remaining tart cherry apple mixture.
Recipe courtesy of Amanda Paa, Heartbeet Kitchen.
We offer a variety of premium dried fruit, cherry concentrate, cherry juice, dietary supplements, chocolate covered dried fruit, and cherry salsa. Our delicious products are great for enhancing your favorite recipes, or as a quick, healthy snack.