Tart Cherry Almond Baked Granola Cups
These Tart Cherry Almond Baked Granola Cups include a burst of tarty goodness from the dried tart cherries, a refreshing crunch from the almond slices, and an array of health benefits in every bite. These are the perfect grab and go snack at any time of the day!
|Prep time||Cook time||Total time|
|5 mins||28 mins||33 mins|
Makes 33 muffins
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce (I used a 4oz container)
- 2 tbsp butter (or non-dairy buttery spread), melted and cooled
- 1 tsp pure almond extract
- 2 1/2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup dried Montmorency tart cherries
- 1/3 cup blanched sliced almonds, plus more for topping
- Preheat oven to 375F. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray or line with silicone muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond milk, applesauce, melted butter, and almond extract.
- Add oats, coconut sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, tart cherries, and almonds. Stir until just combined.
- Spoon mixture into muffin cups, filling to the top. Sprinkle slivered almonds on top of each muffin.
- Bake for 28-30 minutes, or until a fork comes out clean. Store cooled oatmeal cups in an air-tight container in the refrigerator. They freeze well!
Recipe courtesy of Recipe courtesy of Alexis Joseph, Hummusapien.com.
We offer a variety of premium dried fruit, cherry concentrate, cherry juice, dietary supplements, chocolate covered dried fruit, and cherry salsa. Our delicious products are great for enhancing your favorite recipes, or as a quick, healthy snack.