Spumoni Ice Cream Bars
Layered gelato makes summer taste even sweeter! Cherry, vanilla, pistachio... who could resist?
|Prep time||Total time|
|20 mins||20 mins|
Makes 8 slices
- 2 pints cherry ice cream
- 2 pints chocolate or vanilla ice cream
- 2 pints pistachio ice cream
- MONTMORENCY TART CHERRY SAUCE
- 3 cups Montmorency tart cherries, pitted/thawed if frozen
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon water
- Line a bread pan with foil or parchment paper. Alternating scoops, fill the pan with cherry, chocolate (or vanilla), and then pistachio ice cream. Pack in the scoops. Cover tightly and freeze for 1-2 hours or until solid
- Place the tart cherries and sugar in a medium-size saucepan over medium heat. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes. Place the cornstarch in a small bowl and stir in the water until smooth. Add to the sauce and cook until sauce begins to thicken, about 2 minutes longer. Strain the cherries and allow the liquid to cool in the fridge
- Slice the terrine into thin bars and top with the cooled tart cherry juice. Enjoy immediately.
Recipe courtesy of Recipe courtesy of Chelsea Lords, chelseasmessyapron.com.
We offer a variety of premium dried fruit, cherry concentrate, cherry juice, dietary supplements, chocolate covered dried fruit, and cherry salsa. Our delicious products are great for enhancing your favorite recipes, or as a quick, healthy snack.