Roasted Cherry & Ricotta Crostini
Roasted Cherry & Ricotta Crostini is perfect to serve at a party, or indulge in yourself! Tart cherries, ricotta and toasted baguette with crushed pistachios for color and crunch, bring a burst of colors and exquisite flavors.
|Prep time||Cook time||Total time|
|15 mins||45 mins||
Makes 8 crostini
- ROASTED CHERRIES
- 2 cups pitted tart cherries, fresh or frozen (not thawed)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- baguette, baked and sliced
- ricotta cheese
- pistachios, shelled and crushed
- orange zest
- sea salt for sprinkling
- In a 9×9 inch baking dish, toss together the cherries, sugar and cornstarch.
- Roast in 400F oven for 30 to 45 minutes, until the juices are thick and bubbly. Stir every 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely and chill in the refrigerator until ready.
- Butter one side of the baguette slices and toast under the broiler. Repeat on other side.
- To assemble, spread the ricotta on each slice, top with roasted cherries, sprinkle with crushed pistachios, orange zest and sea salt.
Recipe courtesy of Recipe courtesy of Amy Christie, ThisHeartofMineBlog.com.
We offer a variety of premium dried fruit, cherry concentrate, cherry juice, dietary supplements, and chocolate covered dried fruit. Our delicious products are great for enhancing your favorite recipes, or as a quick, healthy snack.