Post-Workout Recovery Tart Cherry Smoothie Bowl
Recharge after a workout with this colorful Tart Cherry Smoothie Bowl! Tart cherries have been known to promote faster recovery after a workout by reducing muscle damage and inflammation! This smoothie bowl is packed with healthy ingredients like tart cherries, cacao powder and chia seeds!
|Prep time||Total time|
|10 mins||10 mins|
- SMOOTHIE BOWL
- 2 cups frozen Montmorency tart cherries
- 3/4 cup dairy free milk of choice (almond, coconut or oat milk), plus more to thin if necessary
- 1 scoop your favorite protein powder (recommend collagen peptides or plant based protein powder)
- 2 tablespoons natural nut butter of choice (I love peanut, cashew or almond butter)
- Optional: 1 tablespoon cacao powder for a boost of iron
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tablespoon mini chocolate chips or cacao nibs
- 1/2 tablespoon chia seeds
- Drizzle of drippy nut butter
- Granola if you’re feeling fancy
- To make the smoothie bowl: add tart cherries, milk, protein powder, nut butter, and optional cacao powder to a high-speed blender. Blend on high until ingredients are well combined. You may need to add more milk, but since this is a smoothie bowl, we want it pretty thick. I think ¾ cup is perfect.
- Pour into a bowl and top with coconut flakes, chocolate chips, chia seeds and a few tart cherries. Enjoy! Feel free to add 1-2 cups organic spinach to the smoothie if you want to get some greens in. The smoothie will likely turn a brownish color though.
Recipe courtesy of Recipe courtesy of Monique Volz, ambitiouskitchen.com.
We offer a variety of premium dried fruit, cherry concentrate, cherry juice, dietary supplements, chocolate covered dried fruit, and cherry salsa. Our delicious products are great for enhancing your favorite recipes, or as a quick, healthy snack.