Montmorency Tart Cherry Oat Bars
These oat bars are packed with nutrients! Cherries, nuts, oats, almond butter - some of the best ingredients all blended into one piece. The perfect snack to take on your busiest of days or even eat at home for a quick fix.
|Prep time||Cook time||Total time|
|10 mins||20 mins||30 mins|
- 2/3 cup dried Montmorency tart cherries
- 2/3 cup nuts (mix of walnuts, pecans and hazelnuts)
- 1 cup oat flour
- 4 medjool dates, pitted
- generous pinch kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup creamy almond butter
- 2/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- For optional chocolate drizzle
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 teaspoon coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper.
- Combine the dried tart cherries and nuts in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add the oat flour, dates, kosher salt, vanilla, egg and almond butter to the food processor and process until a sticky dough forms. If mixture sticks together easily when pinched, you have the right consistency. If not, add a drizzle of water with the processor running until it comes together. You won’t need much! Transfer mixture to the large bowl with the cherries and nuts.
- Add the oats and almond milk to the bowl and stir to combine until ingredients are evenly incorporated. It’s easiest to use your hands for this.
- Transfer mixture to the lined baking dish spreading out evenly and into the corners.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes until firm to the touch and edges start to turn golden brown. Remove from oven, set dish on a cooling rack and let cool completely before cutting into 10 equal sized bars.
- If doing optional chocolate drizzle, melt chocolate and coconut oil in a small bowl and stir until combined. Remove bars from the baking dish by pulling the sides of the parchment. Use a spoon to drizzle chocolate all over bars. Let chocolate set (you can place them in the freezer for a few minutes to speed this process up) then cut into 10 equal sized bars.
Recipe courtesy of Gina Matsoukas, http://www.runningtothekitchen.com.
We offer a variety of premium dried fruit, cherry concentrate, cherry juice, dietary supplements, and chocolate covered dried fruit. Our delicious products are great for enhancing your favorite recipes, or as a quick, healthy snack.