Montmorency Tart Cherry Hand Pies
Craft your own hand pies with both our frozen and dried tart cherries. Make it easy with a pre-made refrigerated crust or craft a homemade crust. Either way - nothing short of delicious!
- 1/2 cup frozen Montmorency Tart Cherries
- 1/4 cup dried Montmorency Tart Cherries
- 2 tablespoons cane sugar
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 refrigerated pie crust, or 1/2 recipe homemade pie crust
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon water
- 2 teaspoons turbinado sugar
- chocolate sauce for serving (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450 degree F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- In a medium size bowl, mix together frozen Montmorency Tart Cherries, dried Montmorency Tart Cherries, cane sugar, and corn starch. Set aside.
- Unroll pie crust and cut into 4 – 4inch circles. Place pie crust circles onto prepared baking sheet. Divide cherry mixture evenly among the centered of the pie crust circles. Carefully fold over the circles forming half circles. Use fingers or a fork to crimp edges closed.
- Beat egg and water together and brush on the tops of each hand pie. Sprinkle with turbinado sugar. Using a paring knife, slice 3 small slits in the top of each pie.
- Bake pies for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with chocolate sauce for dipping, if desired.
Recipe courtesy of Emily Caruso, http://www.jellytoastblog.com.
We offer a variety of premium dried fruit, cherry concentrate, cherry juice, dietary supplements, and chocolate covered dried fruit. Our delicious products are great for enhancing your favorite recipes, or as a quick, healthy snack.