Millet Cherry Bars
- 1 cup roughly chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup raw millet
- 1/4 cup raw shelled sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup raw shelled pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Zest of 1 medium orange
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spread pecans, millet, sunflower seeds, and pumpkin seeds on a rimmed baking sheet. Place in oven and heat, stirring a couple times, until golden and fragrant, 10 to 12 minutes. Line an 8x8–inch square baking pan with a piece of parchment paper large enough so there is a 1-inch overhang.
- Reduce oven temperature to 200 degrees F. Blend cherries, honey, orange zest, salt, and 2 tablespoons water in a food processor into a paste. Transfer to a bowl and stir in toasted pecan mixture. Press firmly into prepared pan in an even layer and bake until just slightly sticky to the touch, 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool completely in pan before using the parchment overhang to lift from pan. Cut into 9 bars. These can be kept chilled for 2 weeks or frozen for up to 2 months if wrapped tightly.
Recipe courtesy of Choosecherries.com - Republished with permission from Rocket Fuel by Matt Kadey, RD. Learn more at velopress.com/rocketfuel..
We offer a variety of premium dried fruit, cherry concentrate, cherry juice, dietary supplements, chocolate covered dried fruit, and cherry salsa. Our delicious products are great for enhancing your favorite recipes, or as a quick, healthy snack.