Gluten Free Tahini Tart Cherry Muffins
Delicious muffins filled with hearty ingredients and flavors, AND they're gluten free!
|Prep time||Cook time||Total time|
|15 mins||18 mins||35 mins|
Makes 12 muffins
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup oat flour
- 1/2 cup teff flour (I used ivory, but brown will work too)
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup dried Montmorency Tart Cherries
- 1/3 cup coconut flakes, lightly crushed in your hand
- 1 1/2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup oat milk
- 1/4 cup melted (liquid) coconut oil
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a bowl, stir together oats, flours, baking powder, cinnamon, and sea salt. Then add tart cherries, coconut flakes, and poppy seeds, and stir to lightly coat.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, oat milk, coconut oil, maple syrup, tahini, and vanilla extract.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, and stir until no flour streaks remain.
- While oven is preheating, fill muffin cups with batter, 3/4 of the way full. If they are almost full, that’s a good thing! The muffins will rise beautifully this way.
- Bake muffins at 375 degrees F for 4 minutes, then turn down heat to 350 degrees F and cook for another 14 minutes, until a toothpick comes out with crumbs.
- Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then remove. Best eaten when fully cooled.
Recipe courtesy of Recipe courtesy of Amanda Paa, heartbeetkitchen.com.
We offer a variety of premium dried fruit, cherry concentrate, cherry juice, dietary supplements, and chocolate covered dried fruit. Our delicious products are great for enhancing your favorite recipes, or as a quick, healthy snack.