French Toast Waffles with Tart Cherry Syrup
- Tart Cherry Syrup
- 3/4 cup Montmorency tart cherry juice concentrate
- 3/4 cup frozen Montmorency tart cherries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- French Toast Waffles
- 1 loaf of Brioche or Challah bread
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- Powdered sugar for serving
- Combine Montmorency tart cherry juice concentrate, frozen Montmorency tart cherries, and sugar in a small sauce pan and set over medium heat.
- All mixture to come to a low boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to low and all syrup to simmer for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
- Preheat waffle iron according to manufacturers instructions. In a shallow dish (or square baking dish) whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Dip both sides of one piece of bread in the egg mixture and place in waffle iron. Add a second slice to the iron if space allows. Close waffle iron and cook according to manufacturers instructions. Repeat with remaining bread.
- Serve French Toast Waffles with Tart Cherry Syrup and powdered sugar, if desired.
Recipe courtesy of Emily Caruso, http://www.jellytoastblog.com.
We offer a variety of premium dried fruit, cherry concentrate, cherry juice, dietary supplements, and chocolate covered dried fruit. Our delicious products are great for enhancing your favorite recipes, or as a quick, healthy snack.