Fluffy Tart Cherry Marshmallows
The holidays taste sweeter with some hot chocolate topped with fluffy tart cherry marshmallows!
|Prep time||Total time|
|30 mins||30 mins|
Makes 36 Cubes
- 2 envelopes unflavored powdered gelatin
- 1 1/2 cups Montmorency tart cherry juice, divided
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar, for dusting
- In a small bowl, mix the gelatin with 4 ounces (1/2 cup) Montmorency tart cherry juice. Combine the remaining 8 ounces (1 cup) Montmorency tart cherry juice with the corn syrup, sugar, and salt in a 3-quart stainless steel pot. Stir with a fork over medium heat until it begins to simmer. Clip a digital thermometer to the pot, increase the heat to medium-high, and simmer without stirring until the ruby syrup registers 250° (about 15 minutes altogether).
- When the syrup comes to temperature, transfer the thermometer to the bowl of a stand mixer and pour in the hot syrup all at once. Cool to 212° and add the gelatin. With the whisk attachment, mix on low speed for a minute to combine, then increase to medium-high and whip until tripled in volume, about 10 minutes. Scrape into a well-greased 8” by 2” square baking pan, cover with foil, and refrigerate 2 hours.
- Once firm, pry the marshmallow from the pan and place on a powdered sugar dusted cutting board. Rub powdered sugar over the marshmallow, cut into six 1 1/2” strips, then cut each into six pieces. Tumble with the remaining powdered sugar in a large bowl and store in an airtight container up to a month at room temperature.
Recipe courtesy of Recipe courtesy of Stella Parks.
We offer a variety of premium dried fruit, cherry concentrate, cherry juice, dietary supplements, chocolate covered dried fruit, and cherry salsa. Our delicious products are great for enhancing your favorite recipes, or as a quick, healthy snack.