Dark Chocolate Cherry Quinoa Bark
- 3 tablespoons quinoa
- 12 ounces dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup dried tart cherries
- 1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons roasted salted pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- Toast the quinoa over medium low heat in a dry pan for 3 to 5 minutes, shaking the pan often, until golden (some kernels will pop when heated). Remove from heat into a bowl to cool fully.
- Chop the dried cherries.
- Place chocolate chips in a glass 2-cup measuring cup and microwave for 30-second intervals until melted and smooth, stirring in between each interval with a spatula. (Alternatively, use a double-boiler to melt the chocolate). When chocolate is fully melted, stir in 2 tablespoons quinoa, 1/4 cup cherries, and 1/4 cup pepitas.
- Place parchment paper over a small cookie sheet. Using a spatula, spread the chocolate mixture over the parchment paper in a thin layer. Sprinkle the remaining 1 tablespoon quinoa, 1/4 cup cherries, and 2 tablespoons pepitas.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes until hardened. When hard, cut into pieces with a knife. The bark can be kept in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days or refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.
Recipe courtesy of Alex and Sonja Overhiser, http://www.acouplecooks.com.
We offer a variety of premium dried fruit, cherry concentrate, cherry juice, dietary supplements, chocolate covered dried fruit, and cherry salsa. Our delicious products are great for enhancing your favorite recipes, or as a quick, healthy snack.