Chocolate Pretzel & Cherry Popcorn Balls
These popcorn balls are sure to be a hit to your family and friends all around! Incorporating honey, peanut butter, dark chocolate, pretzels, and dried cherries - they have a perfect blend of sweet vs savory.
- 6 heaping cups popped corn
- 1/4 cup agave nectar or honey
- 1/4 cup creamy natural peanut butter or almond butter, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped dark chocolate-covered pretzels
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped dried cherries
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper. Prepare a medium bowl of ice water.
- Put popcorn in a large bowl.
- Combine agave (or honey) and peanut butter (or almond butter) in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring gently but constantly. As soon as the mixture starts to lightly bubble, cook, stirring constantly, for 15 seconds more.
- Immediately pour the mixture evenly over the popcorn; gently mix with a wooden spoon or spatula until well coated. Gently stir in dark chocolate-covered pretzels and finely chopped dried cherries.
- Dip both hands in the ice water. Working quickly, press small handfuls (heaping 1/4 cup each) of the popcorn mixture firmly into 2-inch balls. (Make sure each ball gets a little bit of the pretzels and dried cherries.) Place the balls on the prepared baking sheet. If they seem too fragile, rinse hands with cold water and press and squeeze each ball again to help keep it together.
- Let cool completely before storing. To store, individually wrap in plastic wrap and store in an airtight container.
Recipe courtesy of EatingWell, http://www.eatingwell.com/recipe/250356/chocolate-pretzel-cherry-popcorn-balls/.
We offer a variety of premium dried fruit, cherry concentrate, cherry juice, dietary supplements, chocolate covered dried fruit, and cherry salsa. Our delicious products are great for enhancing your favorite recipes, or as a quick, healthy snack.