Chocolate Covered Tart Cherry Rice Crispy Treats
Need an easy dessert to serve over the holidays? These Chocolate Covered Tart Cherry Rice Crispy Treats are delicious and made with almond butter and honey, so you can feel good about serving them (and indulging)!
|Prep time||Cook time||Total time|
|20 mins||10 mins||30 mins|
Makes 16 bars
- 4 cups rice cereal
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup dried Montmorency dried tart cherries
- Place cereal and cocoa powder is a large mixing bowl, tossing to combine. (I like to add another handful of tart cherries to the mix, too.)
- Line an 8x8in square baking dish with parchment paper (spraying the pan with cooking spray helps it stick).
- Place honey in a small saucepan and bring it to a boil over medium heat. Let it boil for one minute before removing from heat and stirring in almond butter and salt. Pour mixture over cereal and stir with a rubber spatula until everything is coated.
- Dump mixture into pan and use your fingers to press it very firmly into the pan so it’s tightly packed.
- Place chocolate chips in a small bowl and melt in 20 second increments, stirring each time, until melted. Use a fork to drizzle chocolate over bars. Top with cherries. Freeze bars for 20 minutes before slicing.
Recipe courtesy of Recipe courtesy of Alexis Joseph, Hummusapien.
We offer a variety of premium dried fruit, cherry concentrate, cherry juice, dietary supplements, chocolate covered dried fruit, and cherry salsa. Our delicious products are great for enhancing your favorite recipes, or as a quick, healthy snack.