Chicken Spaghetti Squash Skillet with Montmorency Tart Cherries
Spaghetti squash topped with chicken, cheese, almonds, and what better than tart cherries to add that sweet treat to your meal.
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 pound raw chicken breast
- 2 cups chopped packed swiss chard or kale
- 1/2 cup dried Montmorency tart cherries
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 tablespoons sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and line baking sheet with parchment paper. Slice spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and remove seeds.
- Drizzle inside of squash with olive oil and season with salt and freshly ground pepper; arrange squash cut side down and place in oven for 35-45 minutes until golden and roasted. Allow cooling; using a fork scrape out spaghetti strands from squash shell.
- While squash is roasting, prepare chicken. In a large cast iron skillet, melt butter over medium heat and add garlic and chicken breast. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Allow chicken breast to cook without moving so that a crust forms. Once crust forms and is cooked halfway through, flip to other side and cook until juices run clear. Remove chicken from pan once it’s cooked.
- Stir in swiss chard and dried tart cherries, and cook for a few minutes to wilt chard and moisten tart cherries.
- Remove skillet from heat and stir in spaghetti squash, cheese, and top with chicken and almonds.
Recipe courtesy of Kristina LaRue, http://www.loveandzest.com.
We offer a variety of premium dried fruit, cherry concentrate, cherry juice, dietary supplements, chocolate covered dried fruit, and cherry salsa. Our delicious products are great for enhancing your favorite recipes, or as a quick, healthy snack.