Chicken Cherry Flatbread
This chicken cherry flatbread is the perfect medley of hearty flavors and topped with creamy goat cheese, caramelized onions and arugula!
|Prep time||Cook time||Total time|
|35 mins||12 mins||47 mins|
Yields 4 servings
- 2 store bought flatbreads
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken breast or thigh
- 1/3 cup dried Montmorency tart cherries
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup baby arugula
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- Place the butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Once melted, add the onion slices and let caramelize for the next 30 minutes, stirring only a few times until the onions are golden brown.
- Meanwhile, place the balsamic vinegar in a small sauce pot over high heat. Once boiling, reduce to medium-low and continue cooking until the vinegar has reduced into a thick syrup that coats the back of a spoon. Turn off heat and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the flatbreads on a baking sheet. Spread the shredded chicken evenly among the two pieces, then do the same with the onions. Crumble the goat cheese on top, then the cherries and place in the oven for 10-12 minutes until the bread gets crispy on the edges and the cheese starts to melt.
- Remove the flatbread from the oven, top with the baby arugula and drizzle with the balsamic reduction. Cut into pieces and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Recipe courtesy of Gina Matsoukas, RunningtotheKitchen.com.
We offer a variety of premium dried fruit, cherry concentrate, cherry juice, dietary supplements, chocolate covered dried fruit, and cherry salsa. Our delicious products are great for enhancing your favorite recipes, or as a quick, healthy snack.