Cherry Oat Waffles
These scrumptious Tart Cherry Oat Waffles are the perfect way to get your oats and fruit for breakfast! Sweet and fluffy waffles topped with rich, tart cherries are a heavenly combo!
|Prep time||Cook time||Total time|
|10 mins||20 mins||30 mins|
Makes 3-4 servings
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup plain full fat Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 cups oat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups frozen Montmorency tart cherries
- 3/4 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat waffle iron
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, yogurt, vanilla bean paste and maple syrup in a large bowl.
- Add the flour, baking powder and salt and whisk again until smooth.
- Grease your waffle iron with baking spray then pour batter onto the waffle maker and bake until done. Oat waffles tend to need the maximum about of time your settings allow (about 5-6 minutes in mine).
- While waffles cook, make the cherry topping by adding the frozen Montmorency tart cherries to a small sauce pot over medium-high heat until all the ice is thawed.
- Whisk the cornstarch and water together in a small bowl, add to the sauce pot, stir and bring to a boil until the thickened. Remove from the heat and set aside. Serve waffles warm with cherry topping.
Recipe courtesy of Recipe courtesy of Gina Matsoukas, RunningtotheKitchen.com.
We offer a variety of premium dried fruit, cherry concentrate, cherry juice, dietary supplements, chocolate covered dried fruit, and cherry salsa. Our delicious products are great for enhancing your favorite recipes, or as a quick, healthy snack.