Cherry, Goat Cheese & Candied Walnut Salad with Cherry Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup tart cherry juice
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 scant tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 cup walnut halves
- 1/4 heaping cup loose brown sugar
- 4 (1 ounce) slices goat cheese (see note below)
- 3 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons panko
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3-4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup dried tart cherries
- 8 cups mixed greens, such as green and red leaf lettuce, arugula and baby spinach
Cherry Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Place 1/2 cup tart cherry juice in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Simmer until reduced to 1/4 cup. Place minced garlic in a medium bowl, add reduced tart cherry juice.
- Whisk in vinegar and honey. Slowly whisk in oil drop by drop until well combined. Season with a salt and pepper.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat. In a medium nonstick skillet heated to medium heat, add walnuts and sugar and stir constantly until sugar has melted and coated the walnuts, no more than 5 minutes.
- Pour onto prepared baking sheet and spread out to prevent clumping. Once dry, store in an airtight container.
- Combine breadcrumbs and panko on a plate dip 1 ounce goat cheese medallion into beaten egg and then into breadcrumb mixture.
- Add olive oil to a nonstick skillet, place goat cheese medallions in skillet and cook for approximately 3 minutes total, flipping once when underside is lightly browned.
- Combine greens, dried cranberries and walnuts. Toss with desired amount of dressing. Divide onto plates and top each serving with one warm goat cheese medallion.
Recipe courtesy of Melanie Flinn, Nutritious Eats.
We offer a variety of premium dried fruit, cherry concentrate, cherry juice, dietary supplements, and chocolate covered dried fruit. Our delicious products are great for enhancing your favorite recipes, or as a quick, healthy snack.