Cherry Goat Cheese Bites
|Prep time||Cook time||Total time|
|15 mins||20 mins||35 mins|
Makes 14 bites
- 1/2 cup dried Montmorency cherries
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 1 small baguette
- 6 fresh sage leaves
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Slice the baguette, and place the slices in a single layer on a baking sheet. Toast 15 minutes until slightly browned and crisp.
- In a small saucepan, place ½ cup dried Montmorency cherries, ½ cup water, and 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar. Bring to a strong simmer and simmer until the liquid is reduced by one half, about 7 minutes. Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Thinly slice the sage leaves. To serve, spread goat cheese on top of the crostini; top with cherries and a bit of sage.
Recipe courtesy of Sonja Overhiser, http://www.ACoupleCooks.com.
We offer a variety of premium dried fruit, cherry concentrate, cherry juice, dietary supplements, chocolate covered dried fruit, and cherry salsa. Our delicious products are great for enhancing your favorite recipes, or as a quick, healthy snack.