Cherry Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
Cherries and chocolate make the perfect marriage for this oatmeal cookie recipe. Make them for your next holiday gathering or for the family to have that sweet temptation awaiting them in the kitchen.
- 2 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 6 tablespoons warm water
- 2 cups flour (1 cup all-purpose flour + 1 cup spelt or whole wheat)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cup whole rolled oats (not instant)
- 1 cup dried Montmorency tart cherries
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In the bottom of your mixer’s bowl, add the flaxseed and water. Whisk it (by hand), until well emulsified. Leave it there to thicken while you mix your dry ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
- To your mixer’s bowl, add the coconut oil, brown sugar, maple syrup, and vanilla. Mix on medium-high until well combined.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients, mixing after each addition. Mix on high until the dough is smooth and sticky. Stir in the oats, Montmorency tart cherries and chocolate chips.
- Scoop a scant ¼ cup of dough onto the baking sheet. Repeat to form about 16 large cookies (or use a heaping teaspoon and make about 32 smaller ones).
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the cookies are golden brown around the edges and still soft in the middle. Let them cool on the baking sheet for at least 15 minutes before removing.
Recipe courtesy of Jeanine Donofrio, http://www.loveandlemons.com.
We offer a variety of premium dried fruit, cherry concentrate, cherry juice, dietary supplements, chocolate covered dried fruit, and cherry salsa. Our delicious products are great for enhancing your favorite recipes, or as a quick, healthy snack.