Cherry Cacao Nib Snack Bars
These Cherry Cacao Nib Snack Bars are packed with dates, cherries, almonds and cacao nibs for a nutrient-dense vegan and gluten free snack.
|Prep time||Total time|
|45 mins||45 mins|
Makes 12-16 servings
- 1 cup roasted unsalted almonds
- 3/4 cup dried Montmorency tart cherries, divided
- 12 Medjool dates
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons cacao nibs
- Place the almonds in the bowl of a food processor and process until fully chopped.
- Add ½ cup dried cherries, 12 Medjool dates, 1 tablespoon cocoa powder, ½ teaspoon vanilla extract and 1 pinch kosher salt. Process until smooth. Add the remaining ¼ cup cherries and cacao nibs and gently pulse a few times to incorporate.
- Turn out the mixture onto a baking sheet and press it into a flat layer of the desired thickness. Roll a rolling pin over the top to smooth it to a uniform thickness. Place the baking sheet in the freezer or refrigerator for 30 minutes to harden, then slice into bars of the desired size. Store in a sealed container in the pantry or refrigerator.
Recipe courtesy of Recipe courtesy of Sonja Overhiser, ACoupleCooks.com.
We offer a variety of premium dried fruit, cherry concentrate, cherry juice, dietary supplements, and chocolate covered dried fruit. Our delicious products are great for enhancing your favorite recipes, or as a quick, healthy snack.