Cherry Almond Chex Mix
Sweet and healthy for the win! Add this trail mix to your family get together recipes or make to snack on throughout your week. Trail mix is limitless, there's always room for more!
- 6 cups vanilla chex cereal
- 1 cup plain cheerios
- 1 1/2 cup pretzels
- 1/2 cup sliced, raw almonds
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2/3 cup dried, Montmorency tart cherries
- 2 oz. white chocolate, melted
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In large bowl, stir chex, cheerios, pretzels and almonds together to incorporate.
- In a separate smaller bowl, melt butter, then stir in corn syrup, cinnamon, vanilla and almond extract. Drizzle butter mixture over the mixture of cereals and toss to coat evenly. Spread over prepared baking sheet in one even layer and bake 20 minutes, stirring once half way though. Remove from oven and break apart any pieces that may have stuck together. Cool completely.
- Sprinkle Montmorency tart cherries over mix and drizzle with white chocolate let chocolate set until hardened, then break apart and store in air tight container for up to 2 weeks.
Recipe courtesy of Lauren Brennan, http://www.laurenslatest.com.
We offer a variety of premium dried fruit, cherry concentrate, cherry juice, dietary supplements, chocolate covered dried fruit, and cherry salsa. Our delicious products are great for enhancing your favorite recipes, or as a quick, healthy snack.