Cherry Almond Butter Power Cookie
Who would have ever associated "power" with "cookie"? Why, of course! This cookie is packed with powerful nutrients to push you through your day with a breeze!
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 ripe banana, mashed until smooth
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup dried Montmorency tart cherries
- 2 tablespoons raw pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 2 tablespoons cacao nibs
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/2 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 1/2 tablespoons creamy almond butter
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix together until well combined. Form the mixture into disks either by hand or by using a biscuit cutter/circular cookie cutter and pressing the mixture firmly into the mold to form.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until golden brown around the edges and on the top. Remove from oven and let cool on the baking sheet. Store in an airtight container.
Recipe courtesy of Gina Matsoukas, http://www.runningtothekitchen.com.
We offer a variety of premium dried fruit, cherry concentrate, cherry juice, dietary supplements, chocolate covered dried fruit, and cherry salsa. Our delicious products are great for enhancing your favorite recipes, or as a quick, healthy snack.