Basil Cherry Cucumber Quinoa Salad Picnic Jars
Start the new year off fresh with this Basil Cherry Cucumber Quinoa Salad that you can prepare in jars for the week! Cucumber ribbons and whole basil leaves, hearty pearls of quinoa for protein, dried tart cherries help reduce inflammation + heart health benefits, and creamy goat cheese.
|Prep time||Cook time||Total time|
|20 mins||20 mins||40 mins|
Makes 6 servings
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 cup dried Montmorency tart cherries
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 1/2 cup torn basil leaves
- 3 ounces goat cheese
- 3 persian cucumbers, thinly sliced with mandoline, vertically
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons agave nectar
- juice of half a lemon
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- Rinse quinoa well in a colander with cold water. Add to medium pot, cover with water and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil, and then turn down to a simmer. Cover and cook for 15 minutes. Remove from heat. Let sit for 5 minutes, then fluff with a fork.
- To a large bowl, add dried tart cherries, red onion, basil, goat cheese, cucumbers. Pour quinoa on top. Whisk together or blend olive oil, agave nectar, lemon juice, garlic, dijon, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Pour over salad ingredients and fold to combine. Taste, and add salt if needed. Divide into jars and keep in refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Recipe courtesy of Recipe courtesy of Amanda Paa, heartbeetkitchen.com.
We offer a variety of premium dried fruit, cherry concentrate, cherry juice, dietary supplements, and chocolate covered dried fruit. Our delicious products are great for enhancing your favorite recipes, or as a quick, healthy snack.