Garden Veggie Pizza with Tart Cherry Balsamic Reduction
Packed with veggies, herbs and a splash of tart cherry, this Garden Veggie Pizza with Tart Cherry Balsamic Reduction brings excitement to every bite! Enjoy this healthy and hearty pizza made with gluten-free crust and topped with fresh seasonal veggies.
|Prep time||Cook time||Total time|
|15 mins||25 mins||40 mins|
yields 2 servings
- Montmorency Tart Cherry Balsamic Reduction
- 1/4 cup Montmorency tart cherry juice
- 2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, good quality
- PIZZA DOUGH
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 3 tablespoon coconut flour
- 3 tablespoon ground flax seed
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup palm shortening
- 1/3 cup warm water
- EVERYTHING ELSE
- 1/3 cup whole-milk ricotta cheese (see note for dairy-free)
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 4 chives, sliced fine
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/2 large zucchini, grated and squeezed in a clean kitchen towel to drain liquid
- 1/4 cup dried Montmorency tart cherries, divided
- 2 cups arugula
- 2 teaspoons avocado oil
- coarse sea salt and fresh ground pepper, for serving
- Pre-heat oven to 350º.
- Make tart cherry balsamic reduction by place juice and vinegar in a medium sauce pan and heat over medium. Bring to a boil and let cook for 2 minutes, or until the mixture has thickened slightly. You do not want to overcook this as it will turn to candy as it cools! Remove from pan and set aside in a small bowl to cool.
- Meanwhile make pizza dough: In a bowl combine tapioca, coconut flour, flax seed, baking powder and salt. Add in the egg and shortening and mix with a wooden spoon to combine. Add the warm water and mix until the dough is smooth.
- Place the dough on a piece of parchment paper. Top with another piece of parchment and using a rolling pin gently roll out the dough into a circle that is about 1/2″ thick. Remove the top piece of parchment and par-bake in the pre-heated oven for 12 minutes.
- Make the ricotta mixture by whisking together in a bowl the ricotta, parmesan cheese, garlic, chives, and ground pepper.
- Top the par-baked dough with the ricotta mixture and spread to the edges, leaving 1/2″ of space for the crust. Top with grated and drained zucchini, tomatoes and 2 tablespoons of the dried tart cherries.
- Bake for an additional 20 minutes, or until the edges of the ricotta mixture is beginning to turn a light brown (the pizza crust doesn’t change much color). Take the pizza out and let cool for a few minutes before continuing on.
- In a small bowl combine arugula, oil and a pinch of coarse salt and gentle massage the arugula to break it down slightly.
- Top the pizza with the arugula, remaining tart cherries and drizzle with the tart cherry reduction. Top with coarse sea salt and ground pepper and enjoy immediately.
Recipe courtesy of recipe courtesy of Lexi Davidson of lexiscleankitchen.com.
We offer a variety of premium dried fruit, cherry concentrate, cherry juice, dietary supplements, chocolate covered dried fruit, and cherry salsa. Our delicious products are great for enhancing your favorite recipes, or as a quick, healthy snack.